Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Game Time



For the super bowl I really wanted to throw a big party and make lots of food but that just didn't happen due to busy-ness. I simply chilled with a friend and watched the game but I still walted to cook some type of game food. It was between chili and fried ravioli and the ravioli won out because it's quicker to make. I made this dish in October. The only difference in this recipe was the size of the ravioli. I fried some where I cut the ravioli in half and I made some bite size ones. The key to cutting a large ravioli is making them about the same size so they fry evenly and coating the edges with cheese showing really well. If they aren't coated well the cheese will come out while frying and it won't be pretty or easy to clean.

I served this with marinara sauce but it would be just as delicious with alfredo sauce or pesto sauce. You could make up a large batch of ravioli by breading them in advance and heating up a few sauces. Then fry them up right before guests arrive and serve on a large platter with small bowls of different sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment