Thursday, February 4, 2010

21st Birthday Dinner! (finally!)



Sadly I got strep throat on the day of my birthday. Definitely not the way I wanted to spend my first hours of being 21. I was hoping to get extremely drunk and make good food and instead I got to sit in pain. great. But now I've made up for it by making my dinner, inviting over friends, and having a grand old time!

I made prime rib because it's my favorite food and since it's expensive I save it for special occasions. I used the exact same method I used in my Christmas dinner post for the prime rib, mashed potatoes, and green beans. I wanted to do a meal that I'd already made and I know I like so I wouldn't waste any efforts cooking that I could save for drinking haha.

Everything was really delicious and I had a great time making my b-day cake a meal. I'm excited to be 21 so know I can try to pair wines with my food and I can now add wine to sauces which adds so much flavor! I suggest you try this meal for a special occasion for someone special too you!

1 comment:

  1. Man, just looking at the picture makes me want to eat this meal again! haha

    ReplyDelete