Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fresh Bread


While I was in the baking aisle I looked at the cake mixes. To my surprise they had a bread mix. So I bought a rosemary and garlic focaccia mix. The smell of bread on this cold and rainy day was really a boost. I cut the bread into thin stripes and served with marina sauce and olive oil dips. The rest I want to cut in half and make a pizza out of. I'm also going to make bread from scratch soon but I really recommend buying a bread mix because it will make everybody happy!

For ingredients and directions just follow the box. If your going to serve this with dip make sure to buy things for that. I suggest crab and artichoke (in novemeber) hummus, or a really good cheese.

2 comments:

  1. hm i never knew that they had bread mix in the baking section! i feel like fresh bread is really hard to get right. it takes really good out of the oven, but compared to getting a roll of french bread from the store, it's not as good. i hope you can show me a really good recipe for homemade bread for REALLY special occasions. but honestly, i think i'll stick to the bread mix. thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, i sometimes buy refrigerated pizza dough and it always doesn't taste very good.. kinda salty but stale (though it's fresh out of the oven) and dry. was the bread mix good?

    ReplyDelete