Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sweet Glazed Chicken


So this is in an attempt to keep eating healthy. My babysitter, Chio, used to make this glaze for ribs and chicken. I like it because there's only 3 ingredients and it has a really distinct flavor. Chio is one of the first people who taught me how to cook. I messed up many of her recipes as a kid but without all those screw-ups I wouldn't be the good cook I am today. This is also a great recipe to make right now because I'm trying to get through school work and this is a meal that you can leave alone for 10 minutes at a time.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup heinz chili sauce
1/2 cup boysenberry jam, seedless! and I recommend Knott's
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 chicken thighs
4 russet potatoes

1. Pull chicken out of fridge to come to room temp. Preheat oven to 350

2. Combine chili sauce, jam, and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a low simmer so everything melts together. Allow to cool slighly

3. ON A FOIL LINED PAN!!! place chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cover both sides of chicken with sauce. Place in oven and bake 10 minutes.

4. Cook potatoes by cleaning and pricking all over with a fork. Put in the microwave for 3-4 minutes then finish in a 350 oven for 20-30 min until tender.

5. After 10 min. pull chicken out of oven and baste with more sauce. Cook 10 more min, baste again, cook 10 more min and baste again, then cook 5 more min. 35 min in total.

6. Serve Chicken and potatoes together. Feel free to top chicken with any leftover basting sauce before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment