Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Duck Hash


I'm watching Top Chef right now and this always inspires me to cook and be creative. I have a lot of left overs in the fridge from various meals this past week and I need to eat them up before I leave to Indiana tomorrow to visit my friend Pauline. (I'm super excited!!!!)

I went to Dux in Tux 2 weeks ago (it's a charity dinner by the Anaheim Ducks). The meal started with a delicious duck hash. I wanted to make something similar to this because I have leftover duck and no dumplings. I also had a left over baked potato and some extra duck ju (fancy word for gravy). So I used all this to make the hash. Since I had everything as left overs, this dish took less then 10 minutes to make.

Ingredients: (serves 1)
1/4 duck, meat removed from bones and cut into bite size chunks
2-3 T of duck ju
1 baked potato chopped into bite size pieces
1 T caramalized onions
1-2 t butter

Directions:
1. Melt butter in pan and add potatoes. Allow to cook for 5 minutes until mostly done.

2. Add duck and onions into pan and heat for 2-4 minutes until duck is warm.

3. Add Ju right before serving and let cook for 15 seconds. Put on a plate immediately and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment