Monday, November 23, 2009

Salmon in foil with Rice 2




I really liked the last salmon I did and I wanted to use the same method but with slightly different flavors. I looked in my spice cabinet and saw all the caraway seeds from my left over duck and I decided to use "duck" flavors for the fish. This is basically salt, pepper, caraway, and onion. The caraway has a really distinct taste but the fish isn't as reminiscent of the duck as I had wished, probably because it's salmon and not duck haha. It still tasted really good so if you have any extra caraway seeds feel free to use them up with this but I must admit I like my first salmon in foil recipe slightly better. Remember the rules about buying salmon, it should smell like the sea or nothing!

Ingredients:
1 lb salmon
1 t caraway seeds
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
olive oil
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1 lemon
1 lime

Directions:
1. preheat oven to 400

2. Put foil on a lipped sheet pan. Make 2, 1 ft by 1 ft pieces of foil

3. Cut salmon into two pieces using long knife strokes in the same direction. Place a piece of salmon on top of foil and create a boat around it by lifting/crimping sides.

4. drizzle each piece of fish with a little olive oil. Sprinkle caraway seeds, salt and pepper over fish.

5. Layer onion slices on top of fish and sprinkle with more salt.

6. Squeeze half of lemon and half of lime juice over salmon pieces.

7. Seal foil packets by crimping/folding foil over fish. and place on foil lined sheet pan

8. Cook in oven for 25 minutes. Once fish is in oven make side dish of rice and/or sauteed veggies.

9. Serve everything together with a little extra lime or lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment