Thursday, September 17, 2009

Explanation of What I'm Trying to do Here


My friend Pauline (shout out hey girl! haha) suggested to me that I should blog about the food I cook. I thought this was a great idea because it would be fun to use this as a journal/ learning tool and keep track of some cool recipes I make. First off I want to say that I've never seen julie and julia which apparently does this same thing. Any similarities are totally coincidental.

Cooking has been a passion of mine since I was in 6th grade. We were required to learn a skill over 4 months then make a presentation on what we learned. I choose cooking and haven't stopped since. I love making homey food like beef stew and meatloaf but I also enjoy making more refined dishes like salmon with beur-blanc sauce. I'm hoping this blog will give me a chance to expand into more types of food. I can't wait to try making my family's traditional roast duck for the first time (coming soon in the winter months). If anyone decides to follow this I would love suggestions for new things to cook.

A little something about me in case you don't know me (and if you don't sorry you won't get to taste my food). I'm 20 years old and in my junior of college at Loyola Marymount University. Besides cooking, I like to read and watch movies and I love hockey. Go Ducks! I love to share the food I make with my friends cuz lets face it, I'll eat it all if I don't give it away. So I'll be trying to balance school, hockey games, and homework with this new blog but since I have to cook to survive, I don't think it'll be too hard. There's one nice thing about my hobby: there's a room built into every house for it. I love taking it on the road and making food for people who don't normally eat a home cooked meal. I'll just have to remember to bring a camera with me so I can show off my creations to everyone on here.

Na ZdravĂ­

2 comments:

  1. Whitney, this is so fun. Can't wait to come up and cook with you and do the blog! Chef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, your blog is great. I'm so proud of you! You are a great cook and it is fun to see you write about your hobby. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete