Sunday, September 20, 2009

Crescent Cookies


I'm not really sure where this recipe comes from. Well I do know I got it from my mom's recipe binder in the kitchen. But I'm not sure if this comes from my dad's side or mom's side. My Dad told me that his mom (my grandma klein) made them for him. But I also remember where I first tasted one and it was at my Grandpa's (mom's dad, bilek) house on Christmas. So I don't really know but wherever this recipe came from, it's delicious!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb softened butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or mix or pecans and walnuts)
1 tsp. salt

1. Place nuts into a dry saute pan and roast over very low heat. Make sure the nuts don't burn by keeping them moving. This only takes a few minutes. Once finished roasting, chop finely.

2. Place room temp butter and powdered sugar in a mixer. Combine together until well combined.

3. Add vanilla, flour, nuts, and salt.

4. Mix and refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes

5. Take a tablespoon amount of dough and shape it into crescent or C shapes. (cold dough is easier to shape into crescents)

6. In pre-heated 350 oven bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly browned.

7. Allow cookeis to cool off of baking sheet

8. Cover outside of cookies in powdered sugar. Either dip cookie into a bowl of powdered sugar or sift powdered sugar over top.

I really like making these cookies as a holiday cookie. My Dad asks for them all the time which is why I made this batch! So whether it's from my Klein side or my Bilek side, I know that these are delicious cookies that everyone will be asking for in many years to come.

Na ZdravĂ­

No comments:

Post a Comment