Friday, September 18, 2009

Chicken Tacos



One of the first things I wanted to learn to cook were chicken tacos with secret sauce. Rocio Cabuto (most people know her as Chio) was my babysitter and this was one of my favorite dishes she made. I would request it for birthdays because I loved it. I'm glad I can make it for myself and friends now whenever I want.

You can make tacos from any type of meat. It's a great way to use up leftovers. When Chio made them she would boil chicken in salted water (it should taste like the ocean, so salty!) She added a onion cut into quarters and let the chicken cook for an hour to an hour and a half in simmering water.

When I'm in a rush and want to make tacos I buy a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store. They tend to be cheap and are always good. You can get two meals from the chicken by serving first just the chicken pieces like thighs and breasts. Then peel off the meat from the rest of the chicken to use for tacos.

Some great sides for the tacos are cheese, sliced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, refried beans, salsa and guacomole. My favorite side is onions marinated in lime. All you have to do is slice an onion thinly then place in a container with lots of lime juice - usually two limes to a medium onion. Allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours for full flavor.

I'm sorry I can't share my secret sauce with everyone but then it wouldn't be a secret. You'll just have to come to my house and have some tacos with me and try to figure it out for yourself!

Na ZdravĂ­

No comments:

Post a Comment