Saturday, July 16, 2011

Variations on Pasta

So I was still super excited about my pasta roller so I made a few other types of ravioli and pasta. To tell them apart I made them different sizes but another cool trick you can do is cut the edges of different ravioli in different ways. Ex: beef ravioli could be straight edged and cheese could have a cool fluted edge and a third type of ravioli could be a different shape.

My best tips from making all the pastas is to season them! Season the dough and the fillings and the sauce so when they're all together, they are delicious!!!


Pasta #1
Cheese Ravioli

For this pasta I used the dough and cheese filling from my egg yolk pasta and simply left out the egg yolk. The method and cooking were all the same, just an egg yolk less.



Pasta #2
Shredded Beef Ravioli

I had some left over beef stew so I shredded it, made sure it was moist with extra stew sauce and used it as filling for the pasta. Same ravioli technique but I cooked this one for an extra minute before serving with marinara sauce



Pasta #3
Spaghetti Marinara

I rolled one ravioli sheet thicker than the others so I used it to cut into thin long strip and serve as ravioli. It was difficult to cut even strips and I had to use lots of flour to make sure they didn't stick to eachother. They make fancy pasta cutters that make awesome noodles but since I'm cheap, I'll be sticky to a knife and lopsided noodles, they still taste great!

No comments:

Post a Comment