Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cucumber Salad



I love making Czech classics, especially when I'm drinking good Czech beer haha. I used the recipe from my October 2009 post for the schnitzel and potatoes. The cucumber salad is a nice touch to the meal because it adds some acidity which cuts the heaviness of the rest of the meal. My grandma makes the best cucumber salad but sadly I'm not at my parents house so I couldn't find her recipe. Instead I used a recipe I found in a czech cookbook from the Czech Republic so it's got to be good still! haha. If you like cucumbers or pickles, this salad is for you!

Cucumber Salad:

Ingredients:

1 large english cucumber, peeled and seeded
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
1-3 tsp sugar

Directions:

1. Thinly slice cucumber. You can use a food processor with a slicing blade if you plan to make more than 1 cucumbers worth.

2. Put in a small container and sprinkle with vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper. Mix together and taste. If it is too acidic for you're taste, add more sugar.

3. Allow to sit in the fridge for a few hours before eating. This dish gets better the longer it sits and marinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment