Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mom's Summer Appetizer Party








It's become a tradition for my mom and I to throw a party once every summer. I cater this party for free/fun as a birthday present for her. This year's was the easiest yet and everyone seemed really happy with the food. I've learned to change the menu of the food based on my audience so for this party of all women talking and drinking wine I decided to make healthy finger foods. It's important for a party that the food selection is broad so everyone can get something they like, enough food to be hearty and filling so peopel don't feel gipped, and finally to make the food small so people aren't talking with huge chunks of food in their mouth. Also, when making appetizer selections make sure to think about the setting- are their knifes and forks or should everything be hand held.

Since this is the third year that I've catered this party I've learned a lot and I think the menu below was the best yet!!! I was also happy because I didn't over buy a ton of extra food.

To make this post not be insanely long I made each appetizer its own post. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment