Friday, April 23, 2010

Crescent Roll Pizza



This dish uses kitchen staples I keep around all the time. I made it as a snack during a hockey game and it was a hit with my friend. I decided to try both marinara and alfredo sauce as a base. I also wasn't sure if I wanted chicken on it so I only put it on one half of each pizza. Feel free to top this with whatever you like or have on hand.

Ingredients:
1 tube of crescent rolls
marinara or alfredo sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded parmesan cheese
toppings of your choice

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Unroll crescent rolls onto a parchment lined sheet pan.

2. Spread a very thin layer of sauce over the dough.

3. Evenly distribute about 1/4 cup of both cheeses combined per 2 flat crescent rolls

4, Place toppings on top of cheese. Make sure not to over do it on the toppings, you want room for each ingredient to shine.

5. Bake 5-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into slices and allow to cool slightly before eating.

1 comment:

  1. did you like marinara or alfredo better? did you like it better with or without chicken?

    i like marinara better. and i'm more of a veggie pizza kind of person.

    if you like bbq, i've made pizza with bbq sauce (a nice sweet one), tons of mozzarella, chunks of chicken, and some red onion. but not too many people like a lot of bbq sauce.

    ReplyDelete