Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken Noodle Soup



I feel like crap today because I'm sick so I decided to make some quick and simple soup. It was easy for me because I happened to have all the ingredients. I know I never want to go to the store when I'm sick so it's nice to stock up on chicken broth and heat that up for a soothing concoction.

I didn't have many veggies at my house but you could add tomatoes, onions, potato, carrot, celery. If you want a bit of freshness you can add a squeeze of lemon right before serving.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup diced chicken
2-3 cups of chicken broth
10 strands of spaghetti

Directions:
1. Place broth in a small pan and bring to a simmer.

2. Once liquid is hot, snap spaghetti into bite size pieces right into the broth. Cook as long as spaghetti directions say to cook, usually about 10 minutes.

3. Then throw in the diced chicken and cook another minute to heat chicken and serve.

1 comment: