Friday, March 19, 2010

Roasted Lamb with Polenta Rounds



When I rolled up my polenta and threw it in the fridge to store I was thinking about what meat to use to top the polenta for tomorrow and I just happened to throw it right next to the lamb and it was just an "AHHHHHH" moment of enlightenment and I knew what to make haha.

I cut the meat of the bones from the left over lamb. I wanted to make a really tasty sauce for this and I wanted something hearty so I chose to make a lamb gravy from the bones.

Ingredients:
leftover lamb (including bones)
Left over polenta, cut into 1/2 inch rounds. The flatter/straighter the cuts the better.
chopped parsley

For Gravy:
bones
olive oil
pat of butter
1 tbs flour
1 cup beef stock
pinch of salt, pepper, red chili flake, thyme

Directions:
1. Cut off any extra meat from the bones that you can. set aside

2. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large pan. Add bones and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat until some brown bits appear in the bottom of the pan.

3. Remove bones and add butter and flour. Whisk together well and let roux cook for about 2 minutes. Add beef stock and dried herbs and whisk everything together. Cook until gravy is slightly thickened. Add lamb to gravy and turn off heat.

4. Melt another pat of butter into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Place polenta rounds in it and cook about 2 minutes per side or until there is a golden crust. Flip and repeat.

5. Place polenta rounds on a plate then top with lamb, gravy, and fresh herbs. Enjoy your leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment