Sunday, April 2, 2017

Avocado Chicken Salad


This is a quick and healthy lunch. It only took me about 10 minutes to make. I realized though when making it, it's basically chicken with guacamole. If you love guacamole, you'll love this dish. It wasn't my favorit so I don't think I'll be making it again but still hunting for tasty healthy food!

Ingredients:
Large ripe avocado, pitted and diced
2 tsp Lime or lemon juice
1 cup Cooked chicken, diced or shredded
1/8 cup Finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1/4-1/2 tsp Salt
Pinch Pepper
2 tbs Finely chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
Large butter lettuce leaves (or romaine lettuce leaves)

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mash avocado to your personal taste and stir in lemon or lime juice. 

2. Stir in chicken, red onion, and cherry tomatoes. 

3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss in cilantro or parsley if desired. Serve chicken salad in lettuce wraps.


No comments:

Post a Comment