Monday, August 8, 2016

Orange County Fair Concessioner's Cup

Last week I was lucky enough to be a judge in the 2016 Orange County Fair Concessioner's Cup. I got to be on stage with a bunch of other foodies including mixologists, other food bloggers, and newspaper writers tasting some really delicious food.

The winner of the day was Tasti Burger's Chili Relleno Pretzel Burger. This was literally a burger patty with a chili relleno stuck inside of it! It had a ton of flavor and was really unique!




I got to try all kinds of food like Chicken Charlie's Bacon Wrapped Fried Chicken which was surprisingly better than I thought. I figured the bacon would make the dish too heavy but it actually gave it a really crunchy crust and the meat was still moist and succulent.









I also tasted what I thought was one of the best dishes of the day - the selfie snowcone. It was a mountain of cotton candy on top of a snow cone topped with lollipops, pixie sticks, and cereal pieces. The judges renamed it the kids bloody mary! Now of course, being the selfie snowcone, you got to take a selfie!!








There was a lot of competition for the best dish. I must have eaten over 100 entries! The key was to pace. Even when something was extra tasty I would only allow myself one bite. The event was a blast and I feel honored to be included as a judge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment