Sunday, August 7, 2016

Caprese Zucchini Noodles


Now that it's summer, I've been trying to eat slightly healthier. I've had a spiralizer for a while now and only used it once or twice so I thought I would bring it out of retirement. It was actually a really fun tool to use and I can't wait to come up with more ideas of food I can spiralize.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. cooked chicken or 1/2 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 zucchinis, spiralized with largest noodle blade
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 lb. grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 leaves of basil, chopped
1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella balls, sliced in half

Directions:

1. Spiralize zucchini into noodles following your spiralizer's directions.

2. Heat a pan over medium low heat and add 1 tbs. olive oil and the garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.

3. Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cover pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes soften and start to burst.

4. Add in the shredded chicken and cook for about 1 minute.

5. Add in the zucchini noodles, cheese, and basil and cook for 2 minutes. If you over cook the zucchini it will get soggy.

6. Pull off of the heat and serve right away. I topped mine with a little extra mozzarella cheese :)

No comments:

Post a Comment