Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fish Tacos


I wanted to eat something healthy and while looking through my fridge I realized I had the leftovers to make fish tacos. I had some leftover cooked salmon, refried beans, tortillas, and lettuce. To make the taco extra delicious I made a creamy chive and cayenne sauce along with some crispy fried onions for extra texture. This was super easy to throw together since it was mostly leftovers.

Crispy Fried Onions:

1. Slice a sweet onion into thin rings. The thinner the better.

2. Add flour to a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add onions to flour and toss gently. Make sure to break up all the layers and coat everything lightly in flour.

3. Heat a few cups of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Fry the onions in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Place on a paper towel to drain and season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.


Assembly:

Here's how I assembled my tacos. Basically it's heating everything up and throwing it into the warmed tortillas.

1. Warm leftover fish in a saute pan with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Cook over low heat for a few minute until warmed through.

2. Rewarm beans in microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until heated through.

3. Warm tortillas over a gas burner Just flip it a few times directly over the open flaming using your fingers or tongs.

4. Place tortilla on a plate. Add a smear of beans. Add salmon that is flaked into medium sized pieces. Sprinkle lettuce on taco. Top everything with the crispy onions and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment