Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Salmon Fillet with Creme Fraiche, Dill and Citrus Sauce





I was looking for a healthy sauce for salmon but I was tired of yogurt sauces. I decided to try creme fraiche. It isn't very healthy but it was delicious! I served my pan seared salmon with some microwavable brown rice which is fantastic. The rice is cooked well and it only takes 1 minute in the microwave. I suggest anyone with a busy schedule should try it. 


Sauce:
1/2 cup Creme Fraiche (could use greek yogurt instead)
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/4 lemon
1 tbs. chopped dill
Salt and Pepper

1 6-8 oz Salmon fillet per person
1 tsp. dried thyme
Olive Oil
Brown Rice
Green beans

Directions:
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.

2. Clean salmon and remove pin bones and skin. Season salmon with salt, pepper, and dried thyme.

3. In a large non-stick skillet add 1 tbs. olive oil. Heat pan over medium-low heat. Add salmon fillets to pan and cook on each side for 3-5 miuntes or until fish is done to your liking.

4. Remove fish and set aside. Heat up rice and green beans. Plate everything together and spoon some sauce over the salmon. I garnished my salmon with caramelized shallots and a sprig of dill.


No comments:

Post a Comment