Thursday, June 23, 2011

Chicken Pita



I wanted to use my leftovers from yesterday in another healthy way so I thought with the greek style yogurt sauce I should make pitas! I was too lazy to go to the store to get the pitas so I used tortillas but both are good. You could probably also make this into a chicken sandwich too.

Instead of eating the potatoes I decided to make a small batch of rice so the pita wouldn't be so heavy. One of the best things about this meal was the lemon taste. While reheating everything I used lots of lemon and it really brightened up the dish.

Ingredients:

3-4 oz of pre cooked chicken (I used 1/2 chicken breast)
2 tbs yogurt sauce
1/2 cup of long grain rice
1 cup water
1 grilled onion slice

Directions:

1. Place a small saucepan with a lid on a burner on medium heat. Place 1 tbs of butter in the bottom and allow to melt.

2. Add the rice and toast for 2 minutes. Add the water and allow it to come to a boil. Once boiling, cover pot with lid and turn heat down to low. Let it cook 10 minutes on the heat then remove from the heat and seat aside with the lid on for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.

3. Preheat a small saucepan over medium heat. Place slices of chicken and onion into pan and allow to reheat for about 5 minutes. Squeeze some fresh lemon over the top as it heats up.

4. Warm tortillas directly over a burner on the stove, turning with a pair of tongs, until tortilla is warm and a little blackened.

5. Once everything is heated through go ahead and place it on the tortilla or pita and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment