Thursday, November 2, 2023

Truffle Tagliatelle - T - Alphabet Challenge


This post is a bit late since my husband Brian and I both got Covid for the first time. I was originally thinking to make a tres leches cake that I could share but since I didn't want to contaminate my friends I decided to change course. 

The secret to this truffle tagliatelle is truffle flavored items. I couldn't find a real fresh truffle so I used truffle butter, truffle oil, and truffle salt to get the truffle flavor into this pasta. I also used a tagliatelle I purchased while visiting my friend Renee in Seattle at the Pike Place Market. (Yes, I also saw the famous fish throwing). 

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. truffle oil
1 Tbsp. truffle butter
1 clove garlic, peeled and left whole
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan, divided
1 tsp. truffle salt
1 tsp. black pepper
8 oz tagliatelle pasta

Directions:

1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the tagliatelle and cook according to package directions. 

2. In a separate large sauce pan over low heat add the truffle oil and butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the heavy cream and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Reduce over a low simmer until cream is slightly thickened. 

3. Once pasta is al dente add to the cream sauce. Stir to combine and add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Allow to cook over low heat until the pasta is saucy. 

4. To plate add pasta to a bowl. I recommend doing this in a swirling/twirling motion to try to get a nice pasta nest. Garnish with a pinch of parmesan, a drizzle of truffle oil, and a sprig of basil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment