Saturday, August 27, 2022

Ricotta Pasta

I'm always looking for new ways to make a creamy pasta. Usually I will start my sauce with heavy cream but when I saw this ricotta based sauce I knew I had to try it. It came out both rich and saucy but not too heavy, a great pasta dish for summer! 

 Ingredients:
2 clove of garlic, crushed
6 tbsp. ricotta
4 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. grated parmesan 
2 tbsp. mixed fresh herbs like basil, chives, and parsley
1/2 pound rotini
Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks make sauce. 

2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pot over medium low heat. Add the clove of crushed garlic and allow to cook for 1 minute until fragrant. 

3. Turn off the heat on the pan. Add the ricotta, lemon juice, and lemon zest to pan with the garlic and oil. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. 

4. Turn heat back on to medium low heat. Add in drained cooked pasta and 1/4 cup of pasta water to sauce. Stir to combine. Add in parmesan and fresh herbs. Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment