Monday, January 18, 2021

Hashbrown Eggs Benedict

I think this is the best breakfast I've ever made. It combines my love of bacon, eggs, and of course POTATOES! And then to top it off with a rich buttery hollandaise? How can that be bad.

Ingredients:
(makes 1 plate)
1 egg, fried over easy
2 strips bacon, cooked until crispy
1 cup hashbrowns
Hollandaise sauce - my quick recipe here. 

Directions:

1. Cook bacon over low heat until crispy and most of the fat has rendered out. 

2. Preheat waffle maker. Spray with cooking spray or coat lightly with butter. Cover waffle maker with an even layer of the hash browns. Season with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook until crispy, about 4 minutes. 

3. Make hollandaise sauce in the blender. Set aside. You'll want to make this pretty close to serving so it stays warm. 

4. Fry egg in a small saute pan with butter. I like my yolks runny so I fry it until it's over easy but cook your eggs to your preference. 

5. To plate put hashbrown waffle centered on a plate. Top with fried egg. Add crispy bacon bits. Finally drizzle as much hollandaise sauce as you like. I topped mine with some fresh parsley for some color and freshness but this is optional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment