Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Goat Cheese, Apple, and Pecan Salad



This salad started when I found some glazed pecans in the nut section of my grocery store. There's a salad at a restaurant I like that uses the pecans and also has goat cheese. For a little brightness and crunch I added the green apple. I would definitely make this salad again, it was easy and tasty!!

Ingredients:

1 rotisserie chicken
1 green apple (granny smith), sliced
1/4 cup glazed pecans (purchased or home made)
Goat cheese crumbles
Lettuce of your choice (romaine or mixed baby greens)
Balsamic Vinaigrette (recipe here)
Croutons (purchased or home made)

Directions:

1. Place lettuce on a plate.

2. Scatter pieces of chicken, slices of apple, goat cheese, pecans, and croutons over the lettuce.

3. Drizzle a few teaspoons of dressing over everything and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment