Friday, April 22, 2016

Avocado Dressing



I was making another skirt steak taco salad and wanted to get more creative with the avocados. Instead of just slicing them on top, I made a creamy dressing out of them. It was really tasty but I missed the texture of the avocado while I was eating the salad. I could see using this as a dipping sauce as well!

Ingredients:
1 avocado, coarsely chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup water
1/4 cup lime juice
1 peeled clove of garlic, charred
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender except for water. You will want to add water slowly to the blender to get the consistency you want. Start with 1/2 cup of water and blend until smooth. If dressing is too thick, add a few drops of water at a time until you get the right thickness.

This is best stored in an air tight container stored in the fridge. It should last about 3 days.












No comments:

Post a Comment