Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lemon Fusilli with Arugula

I have fallen in love with arugula in pasta. The first time I tried I kept it very simple. This time I wanted to add more flavors so I added goat cheese. When I was thinking of flavors I came up with a lot of things that go with arugula. You could add prosciutto, sun dried tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, feta, or basically anything that is tasty in salads with arugula. Let your imagination run wild! 
 
Ingredients
1 tbs good olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small shallot, minced
1 pound frozen shrimp, thawed and peeled
1 lemon
1 pound dried fusilli pasta
1/2 pound baby arugula (or 2 bunches of common arugula, leaves cut in thirds)
1 4oz. log of goat cheese
1 cup reserved pasta water
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tbs. salt to water. Once water is boiling drop the fusilli and cook according to package directions.

2. Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and shallots and cook for 60 seconds. Add the shrimp, the zest of one lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper.  Cook over medium heat until shrimp are cooked through.
3.  Once the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta making sure to reserve some of the starchy pasta water. Immediately add the pasta to the shrimp mixture. Add the goat cheese, 1/2 cup pasta water and 1/2 lemon juiced. Stir until cheese is melted and water and cheese form a sauce.

4. Turn off the heat and add the arugula and Parmesan. Toss well, season to taste, and serve hot. I like to add extra chunks of goat cheese to my pasta right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment