Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Asian Marinated Chicken



Since I've started working full time I've found that I have no time to cook! This dish was great because I could marinate it the night before and cook it up when I got home from work. This marinade gave the chicken a lot of flavor.

I've also learned how to cook chicken really well so that it stays moist. I sear both sides in a saute pan on the stove then I insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the meat and cook it in the oven at 350 until it reaches 147. With carry over temperature the chicken cooks to a safe 155. I've tried this method a few times now and I've found that it works great every time!

For the rest of the dish I just made some white rice and mixed it with some fresh green onions. You can then use these same ingredients to make a chicken fried rice the next night with left overs.

Asian Marinade
2/3 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup of dark sesame oil
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1-2 tsp hot chili sauce
1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
4 cloves of garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced (divided)

Directions:

1. combine all the marinade ingredients together in a plastic bag. Whisk well to combine everything. The night before cooking add chicken to the marinade. I stabbed the chicken breast a few times with a fork to try to get the marinade to penetrate completely.

2. Remove from the fridge when you are ready to cook. Let sit at room temp for 15-20 minutes. Cook chicken using any method you like or the method described above.

1 comment:

  1. Minus the worcestershire, this is pretty close to a classic korean marinade for meats!! aww miss you, girl! hope you were thinking of me when cooking/eating/blogging this!

    ReplyDelete