Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chicken Caesar Salad



I love this dish because it fills you up but in an absolutely guilt free way. To make this dish super simple I used a bottled caesar dressing but go ahead and make it if you feel up to it!

One of my best tips for salads at home is to season the lettuce with salt and pepper! I found out a lot of chefs season the lettuce and the dressing and in my opinion it really adds a lot to the finished dish.

Ingredients:

Lettuce- I like romaine hearts
1 tbs caesar dressing
1/2 chicken breast- pre cooked
parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Heat up whole half of a chicken breast in a skillet over medium heat. Cook a few minutes on each side until warmed up and golden brown on the outside.

2. Place lettuce in a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper. Pour on 1/2 the dressing and toss with lettuce.

3. Slice chicken breast and fan on top of lettuce. Drizzle rest of dressing on top of the chicken.

4. Finish with parmesan shards- use a peeler and peel off small slices from the edge of a hunk of parm cheese or just sprinkle some grated parm cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment